In the scope of your work, you may cause damage to health or property to third parties. It is therefore advisable to be insured to avoid possible consequences.
Liability insurance can ensure the payment of insurance benefits to the injured party in the event of damage if you are liable for the damage caused.
The amount of the premium for this type of insurance depends on the turnover of the company in the previous year (in the case of newly established companies, the expected annual turnover), the number of employees or rental income.
Subject of the insurance
The insurance covers claims for damages to persons and property and the resulting other financial losses that are asserted against the insured person on the basis of the civil liability provisions.
Scope of the insurance
- Public liability
- Product liability (damage caused by a defective product)
- Liability insurance from the title to real property (used for the performance of the insured activity)
- Rescue costs incurred by the insured after an insured event has occurred
- Court and out-of-court costs incurred in determining claims and defending against claims for damages
- Costs of defence conducted on the instructions of the insurer in criminal, administrative or disciplinary proceedings
Extended scope of the insurance
It is possible to additionally insure in particular most of the cases that are excluded in the basic cover. The insurances from the list below are usually taken out with a benefit limit within the sum insured for the basic cover (sublimit).
- Liability for property damage caused by environmental destruction
- Extended product liability
- Recall costs insurance
- Pure financial loss
- Rental property damage to immovable property
- Liability for damage to the title of real property (used other than for the performance of the insured activity)
- Rental property damage to movable property
- Custodial damage
- Activity damage to movable/immovable property
- recourse claims by social and/or health insurers
- and others
It is also possible to take out an extension of the regional validity of the insurance to the world excluding the USA and Canada.